Thursday, March 27, 2008

Day 4

Today was day four of our trip and I started my day at 6:45 with the Editorial class. They were shooting in an area called the holly cross neighborhood and I wanted to shoot in that area again. I got some good pictures there. Around 8:00 I went with Brett and Jorie to the lower 9th word again. I already shot there twise this week, but didn't hit every thing I wanted to. I found some pretty amazing as well as sad houses over there today. One was a house that was seemed to be moved by water and the back end was completley gone. The cool thing was some one painted what looked like band-aid on the house and that was interesting. I also found a trailer that was completley moved and sitting on a fience. I talked to three locals today that were effected by katrina and the first person was Sydney Davis and he said he was went from the living room with no water and walked back to the kitchen and was in water up to his knees. He waited out the storm in the atche. His house will be ready to move in two weeks. He said he can't wait to get out of the trailer. The other person was an 87 year old lady who was very sweet. She just moved into here new home yesterday. She said she had to clim out here window into a boat and then she went to missouri where here son lived to find that he was deid. She lost three people in that year. And she has the biggest heart. Later on a few of us decided to go to a park to take a little break from distruction and that was relaxing. We finished the day by going out for pizza. Here are some of the images from today.






1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hi Amanda,

THanks for sharing your images, I am so glad you guys have had such a good experience down there. I can't wait to see all the hard work you've all done in NOLA.

Michelle